Thursday, April 22, 2010

Favorite things Friday

so this week's f-t-f has two parts, because i couldn't have found one without the other. let me divulge. part one of my favorite things is an iphone app. now i realize not everyone has an iphone* (don't waste your money), so that's why there are two fav. things. so the app is called "urbanspoon". (free) you enter what city, type of food, and your price range, shake your phone, and viola! i found my new favorite pizza place. CASANOVA BROS PIZZA. The owners (brothers) are from NY, and their names are Tony and Mike (of course). they make a point to ask you your name, which makes anyone feel cool. OH and did i mention the pizza off the chains? i have a love/hate relationship with pizza. love the way it tastes, hate what it does to my womanly figure. well this pizza is the worth the splurge. i would recommend going on a week day or lunch time, because the weekend crowds are CRAZAY! the lunch special for a slice, drink, and salad is around $6. (that's cheap) it's a relaxed, almost "take-out" atmosphere, so don't wear your prom dress. it's on val vista and guadalupe, next to stein mart. go. you'll love it.

pizza
casanova bros
casanova bros
casanova bros

do you know what's not my favorite thing this week? having to renew my costco membership. boo.

*(i actually love my iphone, but i don't like to boast. i don't like when people brag about stupid iphones. i'm a mac, and a pc,no discrimination here. i got it for $99 refurbished. booyah.)

7 comments:

☂niki. said...

oh the power of persuasion.

you have me wanting to try each one of your friday favs. and guess what...i tried your last one and i will in fact try this one.

love this feature on your blog.

speaking of iphones...i dropped mine in the toilet last night. guess what i said...yes, a term that was both figurative and literal. blasted iphone. it's broken!

Calli & Zac said...

I love your Friday posts. I have come to look forward to them! I also love pizza and MY i phone, but unlike you.... I flash it all around! I want everyone to get one!!

Molly said...

How did I miss out on this app... downloading now!

Jules said...

yummers. we need to go next time i am home. miss you!

Jensen Family said...

katie, i seriously love you. you always make me laugh out loud! from your choice of words, to even pointing out the guy in the picture was mike! love it! and we are suckers for some good pizza.. thanks for sharing!

Alexa Mae said...

i want to go there!! look soo soooo yummy. what other apps are good??

Brian and Brianna said...

How could I forget about favorite things Friday?! This sounds sooooo yummy! What a fun app.. That's what you call it right? I'm not too current on the iphone lingo :) Miss you love ya!