Friday, April 16, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom, lay back down, and boom. wide awake. well of course i start thinking of blogs, and i came up with an idea. my idea was derived from niki, a fellow blogger. she has a "watcha wearin wednesday", i hop on every wednesday to see what she's wearin! well when i find something i like, whether it be a restaurant, piece of clothing, or a simple house cleaning item, my sisters or mom will know it within minutes. so why not blog about my favorite things?!? (i have lots) sometimes they are my favorite, simply because of how cheap it was. (ever since the economy let a huge toot in our faces) seriously, i have a hard time buying ketchup unless it's on sale. ramble, ramble. so anyways, here is my first favorite. i quit drinking diet coke (sigh), and now water is my new best friend. it's been about a month, and i needed some "fizzies" in my belly, so i came up with this.
"soda"
crystal light "raspberry lemonade" La Croix "cran-raspberry" (sold at target)
"soda""soda"
That can of goodness might look like soda, but is actually sparkling water with a touch of "natural cran-raspberry flavor". well it needed a little kick, so crystal light filled the role. mix these two together, but only use about 3/4 of the crystal light package. heaven. in. a. cup. i now have my "fizzie fix"
"soda"

do you know what's not my favorite thing this week? fruit flies. they fly so slow, and i still can't catch em.

11 comments:

Calli & Zac said...

Katie You Rock

Jules said...

favorite things friday= genius..i will be checking every friday :) ps im going to try that drink asap. i have been drinkin diet coke like its my freaking job lately and it needs to stop.
pss walmart has a bunch of flavored sparkling water and they are super tasty, like strawberry, peach and pear or something..anywho you should check those out. love you mucho!

☂niki. said...

oooh i like this new feature. glad i was of some inspiration. thanks for the shout out.

i pride myself in being a self proclaimed world's greatest drink mixer(virgin drink-just to clarify) and so i shall have to try out this drink of yours. it looks tasty! i used to hate natural sparkling beverages but in recent months suddenly had a change of taste buds, so i am excited to get that croix stuff.

Kodi & Lindsey said...

2 things - love the toot in your face comment - still laughing.

the other thing - totally random but i'm sharing anyway. i was watching the news this morning and they said to get rid of obnoxious fruit flies put a funnel in a cup filled with a little bit of apple cider vinegar. the flys go in but can't come out. voila - no more annoying fruit flies.

i guess it is 3 things because #3 is i love this idea.

Brian and Brianna said...

I am looking forward to this Favorite things Friday! This idea is absolutely brilliant I love it! So creative, can't wait to try it :)

Alli said...

my mouth is watering! I'll have to wait 2 weeks to try this delight since this hcg crap! You crack me up! i had so much fun at lunch with you the other day and my least favorite thing of the week is when hostessers(boy ones?) give you a hard time because you say you have 4 adults and you just need 1 high chair. But you only said 4!! and then they give you a regualar chair for your not even 2 year old to sit in. haha ya i'm still laughing about that. I don't know why but i found it very funny!

Kristine Thompson said...

You are awesome Katie! I love it.

Jensen Family said...

mmm this may be a good fix for while i'm prego.. i try to stay away from pop...so this may do the trick! thanks for sharing. ps i love your last comment on the fruit flies hehe!

Molly Turk said...

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you very much.

Unknown said...

Im so proud of you for giving up soda! yay!

Angie said...

Love this idea!! Can't wait for all the other fridays!! I also have given up pop recently so I will have to try this. It looks so yummy! I get so sick of bland water and always look for something to mix it up!!