Saturday, December 6, 2008

Charlie Brown

Our christmas tree.
Photobucket


Joke. We gave it to Dave's parents as an early gift, and they are using it for their tree this year. They are too sweet. Dec. 27, 2006 I purchased a 9ft. tree originally priced at $350 for 60 bones. (paddock pools) Dave and I were a few weeks away from marriage, and he said, "just get one next x-mas, and keep the money for the honeymoon." (disneyworld) I said, "sheeya right!", next christmas we'll be dirt poor and won't be able to afford a tree." Foreshadowing fulfilled. Two Christmas's in a row. Turns out we have the hardest tree in town. Nothing will be put under it this year. Presents would take away the beauty of the tree, and also take away money that doesn't exist. The only one getting a gift this year is my desert schools credit card. Happy Holidays you suckers.

9 comments:

Kristine Thompson said...

I love the tree!

Kodi & Lindsey said...

hhahahah me and kodi are both laughing not because your tree will have no gifts but because our tree will join yours in the no gifts area - it'll be so great.

Rachel said...

hahaha "happy holidays you suckers" that made me laugh! and i bet your christmas tree is definately the "hardest" tree in town! i miss hangin with you taylors! :) hope to see you guys soon!

Rhonda said...

hahaha! Love it! Merry Christmas to all!

Miss Fergie said...

You crack me up!

Brian and Brianna said...

That's the spirit Katie haha I love the Christmas uhh branches good thinking on getting that cheap Christmas tree way to bargain shop baby!

Alexa Mae said...

hahahahaha you are hilarious girl. first, that charlie brown tree is awesome.
second, good investment on your 9footer. great deal!!
third, wasn't twilight soooo good!!?

LINDS said...

Too funny. I love it.

Leigh said...

Love it! Don't worry Katie, we're all in the same boat. Good thing we bought our tree like 4 years ago, back in better "economical" times?!

*I'm making my blog private tomorrow, so if you get this before then, stick your email in my comments section. Thanks Babes!