Wednesday, August 26, 2009

what? i have a blog?

haven't blogged since may, which goes to show the madness of my life. lots of things have changed for us in these few short months. short story long, we had to move out of our house, (lame). we moved into a friends house (the woods) until we could find a place to rent. we must have worn out our welcome real fast, because they moved out two weeks later. b.j. actually had scored a job in utah, so i don't think it was completely us. so we now have a house to rent. we somehow acquired a dog in the midst of everything. (bj left his dog when he went to utah) i've fallen in love with him completely. it's strange how you can attach to something so quickly. but having 3 dogs is creepy, costly, and he needs more attention than i can offer. so tomorrow rocky boy will go to a new home. (literal tears). dave, like too many others, has had to make a career change, going back to sqaure one. school. paint jobs are non-existent and have been for almost a whole year. so through lots of stress and tears, it's seems the best route. brittney, my darling sis in law, moved in with us, which is totally awesome seeing as how we are the same age. she's like the roomy i never had. aj (dave's brother) lived with us for about a month until recently. he reported to brazil for his mission. i have a hard time with change. a really hard time. so for the cherry on top, dave had to shave his beard for job interviews. i literally feel like i'm married to a different person. i'm ready to be turned right side up and for my life to be still, just for a few minutes. i also colored my hair dark for the first time. i thought since everything else is changing, why not my hair. side thought- can i tell you how comforting and rewarding it is to go the temple. through all the static going on in this world, it's the only place i can really feel at peace. the end.
Photobucketcutest dog in townPhotobucket


Photobucket thumbs up for AJ leavin on his mission

Photobucket farewell party for AJ
Photobucket thinkin im sweet

7 comments:

Kodi & Lindsey said...

pic#2 of rock is my fav...but yay for change!! nothing like new adventures :)

Brian and Brianna said...

You are one strong little lady to tough it out through all that... You are such a good mommy to all those pups :) I hope things start getting back to the norm for you! I love going to the temple too in the midst of life's craziness it's nice to have our own little piece on heaven on earth... We need to play soon love ya lots!!!

Kodi & Lindsey said...

i'm still embarrassed about my comment.

Willi Nixon said...

katieee your dark hair looks so good! i'm a fan. I love you guys and your whole family, i'm glad i weasel my way into in sometimes.

Rachel said...

your hair is dark and my hair is super blonde! what is going on in this world! haha and ps id love to go to the temple with you and i can do baptisms while you do your thing...sound good? I love going there especially while my dad is so sick and going through his stuff it totally does give you that peace and comfort that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! i love ya friend and miss you, we need to hang out soon!

Jules said...

woo hoo a new post! i am loving the new hair! sassy!! remember how you are my hero?? seriously you are always so strong and amazing whatever you are going thru. change is hard and annoying but in the end can be a good thing. it was so fun talking to you on the phone the other day. we should make it a weekly thing yes?? i seriously miss all you girls so much!! love you mucho!

Leigh said...

SO good to hear from you Stranger! Sorry about all the changes going on - they're no fun. I'm glad you guys found the metal straws. I couldn't find them ANYWHERE, so I had my sister in Ootah send some down. Tell Jenny my blog isn't private anymore. It was such a pain in the arse.